Are you wondering if your dog has been poisoned? There are certain symptoms of poisoning in the dog that can give you clues.
In this video, Dr Leigh explains the main signs that you might notice.
If you have questions for us or want to share your story, please do so in the comments. We read all your comments.
Signs of poisoning include:
1. Gastrointestinal signs – vomiting, diarrhoea, increased salivation, regurgitation.
2. Liver signs such as jaundice
3. Kidney signs such as increased drinking and urination (PU/PD)
4. Neurological signs such as tremors, seizures, wobbliness and coma
5. Blood signs such as anemia, petechial haemorrhage, bleeding nose, gums.
6. Heart signs such as elevated heart rate or changes in rhythm
7. Lung signs such as struggling to breathe – increased or decreased breathing rate, increased effort, cough, gasping.
If you wish to learn how to do a clinical exam while you are at home, take a look at this video:
Or the article: https://www.yourvetonline.com/normal-animal-vital-signs/
Love our work and want to see more?
Get Free Vet Advice via our weekly newsletter: https://yourvetonline.activehosted.com/f/13
Check out more from Your Vet Online:
The information provided on the Your Vet Online YouTube channel is not a substitute for the assessment and advice given in a consult by a suitably qualified veterinarian. The information is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only and does not constitute specific vet advice for any individual cat, dog, horse or an animal of any other species.
For more personalised information head over to Https://YourVetOnline.com