More Homemade Candy Recipes: https://youtu.be/lw3iqAPoWCs?list=PL7F9HNhSDxR2FpXIlUPi9Viklb1D3IjfK
Today Jenn Johns shows you how to make homemade Jolly Ranchers hard candies and DIY Jolly Rancher Lollipops! You guys suggested this homemade candy recipe, so I’m here to show you the secret to making a perfect copycat Jolly Rancher!
Homemade Jolly Rancher Candy Recipe
Jolly Ranchers Ingredients:
• 3/4 cup white corn syrup
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 teaspoon citric acid (get it here: http://amzn.to/2gfWY8S)
• 1-2 drams hard candy flavouring (get it here: http://amzn.to/2f1K9Bn)
• gel paste (get it here http://amzn.to/2fY9qcH)
1. In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, combine water, sugar and corn syrup together and stir until incorporated.
2. Once sugar has dissolved, insert candy thermometer and heat mixture until 300F (hard crack). Remove from heat and pour in flavouring, coloring and citric acid. Stir until bubbles have disappeared. Pour the hot liquid into parchment lined loaf pan. Allow to cool for about 20-25 minutes.
3. Once cooled slightly, remove candy from the pan and score the slab of candy with a sharp knife in one direction, then score it in the opposite directions to form small rectangles.
4. Allow scored slab of candy to cool completely before breaking or cutting along the score lines.
5. Wrap candy in clear cellophane for serving.
How to Make Jolly Rancher Lollipops
• Jolly Rancher hard candies
• Silicone lollipop mold (get it here: http://amzn.to/2gFKJpx)
• Lollipop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 275F.
2. Fill each cavity tightly full of jolly ranchers. Place into the oven and allow the candy to melt completely, around 15-18 minutes. Insert the lollipop stick and allow to cool completely before popping out of the mold.
PO Box 20053
Cranbrook BC V1C6J5